Wednesday, March 24
Parallel Geoscience Applications
2:40 PM-4:40 PM
Chair: To be announced
Room: Executive Salon 3
- 2:40-2:55 Advances in Modeling the Generation of the
Geomagnetic Field by the Use of Massively Parallel Computers and
Clune, Silicon Graphics, Inc., and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center; Daniel
S. Katz, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Califonia Institute of
Technology; and Gary A. Glatzmaier, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- 3:00-3:15 Implementation and Performance Analysis of a
Parallel Multicomponent Groundwater Transport Code
- G. Mahinthakumar, Oak Ridge National Laboratory; and F.
Saied, NCSA,University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- 3:20-3:35 OpenMP Performance Scalability Evaluation for
Vector-Oriented and Microprocessor-Oriented Coding Styles in an Air
- Carlie J. Coats, Jr., J. N. McHenry, A. Trayanov, E.
Haues, and A. Gibbs-Lario, North Carolina Supercomputing Center
- 3:40-3:55 Use of the Analytic Hierarchy Process to Spatially
Evaluate Snow Avalanche Risk
- John H. George, Embry Riddle University; and Henry P.
Heasler, University of Wyoming
LMH, 10/24/98, MMD, 1/14/99