A society may request to be listed as a cooperating society with a SIAM meeting. The following guidelines should be addressed in any request to SIAM when requesting to be granted in-cooperation status:
- Cooperation with a SIAM meeting must be approved by the SIAM Vice-President for Programs. If the meeting is sponsored by a SIAG, the VP for Programs will contact the chair of the SIAG and make the request for cooperation.
- Approval, if granted, is on a conference by conference basis (i.e. approval for one year does not automatically imply approval for any following conferences)
- The society granted cooperation bears no financial or legal liability for the SIAM conference
- The society granted cooperation will be recognized on all conference announcements and programs using "in cooperation with the [name of society]"
- The society granted cooperation may nominate one organizing committee member who is a member of their society and who will be listed explicitly as the representative of the society granted cooperation on all conference materials and announcements. The nomination must be approved by the co-chairs and the SIAM Vice-President for Programs
- Requests for cooperation should be made as early as possible. SIAM may not be able to grant a request for cooperation if it arrives too late in the promotion cycle. Ideally, a request for cooperation should arrive prior to or at the time of the first public announcement of the conference, typically 18 months before the meeting.
- SIAM will consider a request from the cooperating society to offer its members a discounted registration rate.
- The society granted cooperation may request a final list of attendees and speakers, including contact information.
- The society granted cooperation status will promote the SIAM meeting on their Web site, in their member news letter, and provide SIAM with contact information so that promotion information about the meeting in cooperation can be sent to members.
As a cooperating society, the society agrees to have its name used by SIAM in promoting the conference and to promote the conference in their society’s newsletter and on their society’s website devoted to conferences.
All correspondence should be directed to:
Linda C. Thiel - Director of Programs and Services
e-mail: [email protected]