Call for Contributed Presentations
The SIAM Conference on Mathematical Aspects of Materials Science (MS18) CMS submission site is open for contributed abstract submissions and minisymposium lecturers invited to participate to submit their abstracts. The Conference Management System (CMS) submission site deadline is January 18 and the link to the submission site is http://meetings.siam.org/start.cfm?CONFCODE=ms18 .The SIAM Conference on Mathematical Aspects of Materials Science (MS18) welcomes submission of abstracts for contributed lectures for particular symposia or as a poster presentation. The list of accepted minisymposia appears below. To review the full details of each minisymposia, please click on the hyperlinks. You will need to identify this session by the minisymposium title as listed in the CMS when submitting your abstract into the conference management system.
Instructions to Submit to SIAM's Conference Management System (CMS)
Go to http://meetings.siam.org/start.cfm?CONFCODE=ms18
Under “Sign In,” enter your first and last name in the appropriate fields.
Click “Enter Name.”
- If you have previously used the SIAM Conference Management System (CMS) or been entered as a co-author on an existing paper, your name and affiliation will appear next to a "This is me" button. Click the button and review the "Contact Information." If changes are required, click "Contact Update" to update the record. If changes are not required, begin at step #1.
- If the name entered does not match an existing record in the CMS, "No match found" will appear. Click on "Click if your name does not appear above." At the following page you will be asked to enter your contact information. After doing so, click "Submit and proceed to participation" button.
Once you are logged in, follow the instructions below to submit your presentation:
- On the right side under "Contributed Participation," please select “Lecture” or “Poster”.
- In title field, enter the talk title in initial caps.
- In abstract field, enter the abstract in text or TeX (75 words or less). At the top of the abstract field, please indicate the following:
- Please indicate the Minisymposium Session Title - Note: General Poster session abstracts not associated with any Minisymposium should indicate by saying “General Poster Session”
- Do you prefer ORAL or POSTER Presentation?
- If your abstract is not accepted for the limited number of Contributed Oral Presentation slots, may we transfer your abstract to a Poster Presentation?
- Click "Proceed to Preview"
- Read the information on the page and then click "Preview TeX Abstract.”
- Review the information on this page and click your browser "back" button one time (twice if you wish to edit the abstract).
- Scroll down the page to password section.
- Enter a password and password reminder.
- Click on "Submit TeX Abstract"
- An acknowledgment page appears. Print this for your records. This page includes the title and your password information. The password will be required to make changes to your submission.
The Conference Management System (CMS) submission site deadline is January 18.
Contributed presenters will be notified by email in March 2018.
Accepted Minisymposium Submissions
Please view the list of accepted minsymposium proposal submission. To review the full details of each minisymposia, please click on the hyperlinks. You will need to identify this session by the minisymposium title as listed in the CMS when submitting your abstract into the conference management system. Note: General Poster session abstracts not associated with any Minisymposium should indicate by writing “General Poster Session”