Frequently Asked Questions
- SIAM Online Customer Services
- Individual SIAM Membership
- Academic and Corporate Membership
- Journal Subscriptions
- Payment Information
- How to Order Products
SIAM Online Customer Services
Why do I need to log into my SIAM account?
You will need to log into your SIAM account at https://my.siam.org/ to become a member, renew your membership, register for a conference, subscribe to a journal, or update personal information. Logging into your account ensures that online transactions will be processed securely in compliance with the latest payment card industry guidelines and that you will be charged the lowest rate to which you are entitled for any SIAM products or services.
How do I log into my SIAM account?
You will need either your SIAM username and password or the email address in your SIAM membership/account record.
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to https://my.siam.org/
- Log in using your SIAM username and password.
- If you don’t know your SIAM username and password:
- Click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter your email address and click on “Continue” button
- You will receive an email containing a link where you can create a new password
How do I know if I already have a SIAM account?
If you have ever been a SIAM member, attended a SIAM conference, or purchased a SIAM publication, you probably already have a SIAM account. If you are not sure:
- Go to https://my.siam.org/ (or click on "my account")
- Click on "Forgot Password?"
- Enter your email address and click on "Continue" button
- You will receive an email containing a link where you can create a new password
- If your email does not exist in the SIAM database:
- Contact Customer Service at [email protected] if you believe you do have an existing account in the SIAM database
- create a new account by selecting "Home" at the top of the page and then clicking on "Register".
FAQ: How do I cancel a SIAM Activity Group membership?
- Log into SIAM Online Customer Services as described above.
- Click on "My Renewal" in the menu bar
- Click on the "Edit Activity Group" button
- Uncheck any activity group you do not wish to renew
- Click on "Continue" buttom at bottom of page
FAQ: How do I add a SIAM Activity Group membership?
A. While renewing SIAM membership
- Log into SIAM Online Customer Services at https://my.siam.org/
- Click on "My Renewal" in the menu bar
- Click on "Edit Activity Group" button
- Add check to additional activity groups
- Click on "Continue" button at bottom of page
B. At a time other than while renewing SIAM Membership
- Go to https://my-helper.siam.org/forms/join_siag.htm and fill out the form
- Click on "submit" button at the bottom of the page.
Individual SIAM Membership
What is the cost of SIAM membership and what is included in membership?
Membership options, prices and a list of benefits are available on our website. You may enroll in any of our activity groups for $10 each and you will receive discounts on books, journal subscriptions, and conferences. Applications for Individual SIAM Membership are available online.
Will I receive a receipt?
Individual Membership receipts are automated and are sent via email. However, if you prefer a printed receipt by mail or by fax, please send your request to [email protected].
How can I renew my membership?
You will receive renewal notices via email and in the mail. You may renew online or return the renewal notice along with check, money order, or credit card information via mail or fax. For other renewal payment options, such as wire transfer, email [email protected].
How do I get a free student membership online?
If you quality for a free student membership (attend a SIAM academic member institution or belong to a SIAM student chapter), you must have a current education record in your online account.
- To check or add this information, log in, roll over “My Account” at the top of the page and select “Employment, Education and Interests.”
- If the education record is not current, click on “Add Education” and complete all information requested.
- To ensure that you will qualify for a free student membership, when filling in the name of the Institution in your education record, be sure to select a name from the dropdown box rather than typing in the name. You will know that you have selected the name from the dropdown box if it appears in all caps. If the name of the institution includes lower case letters, go back and select the name from the dropdown box.
- If you already have an education record, confirm that the entry for “Institution Name” is in all caps. If it is not, click on “edit”, and select the name of your institution from the drop down box.
- If the “Student Chapter Membership” is not current, click on ““Add/Update Chapter” and select your chapter. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page and complete the process of joining.
Academic and Corporate Membership
What are Academic memberships?
Academic memberships are offered to universities and libraries. There are several Academic membership option packages; specific information and an enrollment form (in PDF format) are available online. Each option includes subscriptions to a variety of SIAM journals and discounts on SIAM books.
Electronic access to the journals included in the package is included without charge. However, you must submit an Online Journals Subscription Agreement to SIAM.
What are Corporate memberships?
The Corporate membership package includes subscriptions to all of SIAM's journals and it includes book and conference discounts, as well. Specific information and an enrollment form [PDF, 51KB] are available online.
Electronic access to the journals is included without charge. However, you must submit an Online Journals Subscription Agreement to SIAM.
What journals does SIAM publish and where can I obtain information about
SIAM publishes 17 mathematical journals, and our newsjournal, SIAM News.
When do SIAM subscriptions begin?
Subscriptions to SIAM journals are sold on a calendar year basis and delivery costs are included in the subscription price. Airmail is an additional charge.
Does SIAM offer discounts to journal subscriptions?
Journal subscriptions are offered at a discounted rate to individual, academic and corporate members. SIAM also offers standard discounts to agents. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Can I order copies of individual journal articles?
You may purchase a PDF copy of any SIAM journal article. Please go to http://epubs.siam.org/ and identify the journal, issue and article that you are interested in. When you try to display the PDF, you will be asked if you wish to purchase a copy. Enter your credit card information and the article will be emailed to you. If you have any problems contact [email protected].
How much time should I allow before placing a claim for missing issues
of a journal?
Issues are shipped to subscribers as soon as they become available. We ask our customers to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery in North America and 3-6 months for overseas delivery. A claim should be submitted if you receive issues out of sequence. Claims for missing journals are gladly considered when they are submitted within six months of the date of issue.
What is the SIAM policy regarding the receipt of damaged subscription
Replacement of damaged journals will be considered if the journals are returned promptly to SIAM. Returns must include a copy of the packing slip and a written reason for the return.
Can I order individual, back volumes of SIAM journals?
Back volumes and issues are available (see price list). Individual, Academic and Corporate members receive discounts as well as agents.
What books does SIAM publish and how can I obtain information about
SIAM publishes many different book series. See the catalog for ordering information. Specific information about publishing your book with SIAM is available on the books home page.
How long will it take me to receive my book order?
Delivery time is 10-15 business days for domestic orders and 2 to 4 weeks for foreign orders, under normal circumstances. All orders to locations outside of the United States are shipped air mail to the country of destination where the order will be handled by the local postal system.
Can I search for a book on a SIAM web page or verify cost and
SIAM's complete catalog is available online. You can search by author, title, key word, or ISBN.
How can I verify that the book that I ordered was processed and verify
the shipping date?
At the current time, this information is not available on the SIAM web site. Please contact customer service directly at [email protected].
Can I receive a discount on books that I purchase?
Individual SIAM members receive 30% discount. Academic or corporate members receive 30% discount. Bookstores and agents receive 10% discount. If your organization has special agent status with SIAM the discount is 30%. For orders of 6-14 copies of the same title, the discount is 10% off list price. For orders of 15 or more copies of the same title, the discount is 20% off list price. No other discounts apply.
Must I pay for my book order before I receive the books?
Individual purchasers must send a check or call with credit card information before we can ship your order. You can also use our secure on-line shopping cart. Bookstores and agents may fax (215-386-7999) a purchase order request but all phone orders must include credit card information.
What are your book return guidelines?
All book returns must be pre-authorized by the SIAM Book Specialist; fax requests to 215-386-7999. All books must be in sellable condition and must be returned within 90 days of invoice date. SIAM does not charge a re-stocking fee.
What is a standing book order?
A SIAM standing order means that you automatically receive a copy of every publication within the series as soon as it becomes available. Simply provide SIAM with a purchase order number and we will process your order.
What conferences does SIAM sponsor each year?
SIAM sponsors 10 to 12 conferences related to applied mathematics each year. See the conference calendar for this year. Conference registration, hotel registration and abstract submissions may be done electronically.
How can I register for a SIAM conference and make reservations at the
If you are paying by credit card, you can register and make hotel reservations on-line. Go to the specific conference homepage and click on the appropriate button on the left navigation bar.
Will I receive verification of my registration for a conference?
You will receive a confirmation email indicating that we have received your registration and you will receive an emailed receipt several days later. A packet of materials will be given to you at the conference, and this will include a written receipt.
What are deadlines for conference registration, hotel registration and
submission of abstracts?
All deadlines for all conferences can be found on each conference website . Generally, abstracts must be submitted approximately six months before the conference start date.
How can I submit an abstract for a conference?
Complete information pertaining to abstract and final paper submission can be found on the web page for the specific conference. Click on the "Submit Now" button and follow the directions for electronic submission.
What is your conference cancellation policy?
You may be entitled to a full refund. Please see the cancellation policy at the bottom of the registration form for the specific conference you are attending. For more information see Conference Calendar.
How can I pay for my conference registration?
SIAM accepts checks and credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, American Express).
Can I partner with someone in a hotel room?
Yes, you can complete a "Room Sharing Form" which can be found on the hotel reservation form for each conference web page. For more information see Conference Calendar.
How can I get an estimate of conference fees before they are posted on
Please contact the Conference Department at [email protected].
How can I pay for my membership, book or journal subscription?
SIAM accepts payment in US dollars via checks, money orders, Western Union money orders, wire transfers, and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard and American Express).
Mail payments to: SIAM, 3600 Market Street, 6th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2688
Fax payments to: +1-215-386-7999
Secure online ordering is available at: https://my.siam.org (for membership and journals) and archive.siam.org/catalog/ (for books)
SIAM also accepts Wire Transfers. Please contact Customer Service for more information.
If you wish to pay by Western Union money order, please make the order payable to SIAM, ATTN: Lauren Steidel and email this information to [email protected]:
- Your name and SIAM ID number (if known)
- The 10-digit MTCN code given to you by Western Union
- The payment date
- The amount paid
- The reason for the payment
How do I obtain permission to use the SIAM logo and what are the guidelines?