Standard Audio-visual Set-up in Meeting Rooms
One LCD projector is available in each lecture hall. Speakers must provide their own computers. Cables or adaptors for Apple computers are not supplied, as they vary for each model. Please bring your own cable/adaptor if using a Mac computer.
Wireless Internet access will be available in the meeting space on a complimentary basis.Internet access will be available in the sleeping rooms on a complimentary basis from January 15th through January 19th. If you are extending your staying at the hotel for additional nights, posted fees will apply for Internet access (currently 1,575 JPY per night).
Visit http://www.lonelyplanet.com/japan/kansai/kyoto for more information on Kyoto, Japan.The average temperature in Kyoto during January varies between 30° F (-1°C) and 48° F (9°C). Remember meeting room temperatures and personal comfort zones vary widely. It is recommended that you bring a sweater or jacket to the sessions.
Leading the applied mathematics community . . .
Join your peers in supporting the premier professional society for applied mathematicians and computational scientists. SIAM members receive subscriptions to SIAM Review and SIAM News and enjoy substantial discounts on SIAM books, journal subscriptions, and conference registrations.
Free Student Memberships are available to all students who attend an institution that is an Academic Member of SIAM, are members of Student Chapters of SIAM, or are nominated by a Regular Member of SIAM.
Join today or contact SIAM Customer Service.
Telephone: +1-215-382-9800 (worldwide); or 800-447-7426 (U.S. and Canada only)
E-mail: [email protected]
Postal mail: Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 3600 Market Street, 6th
Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2688 USA
No poster session will be held at SODA12, ALENEX or ANALCO.
The following two airports are located in the vicinity: Kansai and Itami Airport. To get to the hotel, there are two options:
- Directly to the hotel from the airport
MK Skygateshuttle offers a shuttle service to major Kyoto hotels. The rate is 3,500 yen from Kansai and 2,300 yen from Itami. Travel time depends (2-3 hours, usually). Reservation is needed before 17:00, two days in advance, at http://www.mk-group.co.jp/english/shuttle/. Taxi is approximately 16,000 yen from Itami and 35,000 yen from Kansai (up to 4 people).
- Through Kyoto Station
From Kansai to Kyoto Station, JR train "Haruka" (every 30 minutes, 75-min travel time, 3,000 yen for one way, 4,700 yen for round trip) is most convenient.
From Itami, Limousine buses (every 20 minutes, 50-min travel time, 1280 yen) are available to Kyoto station.
From Kyoto station to the hotel, use the complimentary hotel buses that run every 30 minutes from 9 am to 9 pm. The bus stop is located at Kyoto Station Hachijo-Guchi exit where the bus leaves 0 and 30 minutes every hour. For more details, see http://www.westinmiyako-kyoto.com/access/#en01. (Limousine buses arrive on the south-side of Hachijo St some 200m to the east from the bus-stop.) The cost of a taxi is about 1,500 yen. A subway is also available.
Most countries in East Asia, North and South America, Europe and Oceania are using a visa waiver program. China, Russia (including NIS countries) and India require a valid visa. For details of Japanese visas, visit http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/.
Attendees who need visas should follow the following steps:
- Ask SIAM for a letter of invitation (see “Letter of Invitation” section below).
- Send the following information to the local conference organizer ([email protected]): Date and place of entrance to Japan, Date and place of departure from Japan, Flight numbers (if available), Schedule of stay in Japan including the name and URL address of the hotel, and the address (and phone number) of the applicant for physical mail. Documents needed for the visa application will be sent, if all requirements are satisfied, to the applicant via business mail after the letter of invitation has been issued.
Letter of Invitation
Confirmed speakers in need of a Letter of Invitation to assist in the visa application process, please fill out the Letter of Invitation Request Form. Please allow three to four weeks for processing and delivery.If you are not planning to present at the conference or are not yet a confirmed speaker and need a letter of invitation before acceptance notifications are sent, please fill out the form AND provide the following information to [email protected]:
- Brief curriculum vita (including your date of birth and a list of publications over the past 3 years.)
- Brief statement why attending this conference would help your research and career.
- Letter of recommendation. Have a senior person (e.g. Ph.D. advisor, head of department, president of a mathematical society) write a brief letter of recommendation on appropriate letterhead. This letter is not needed if you have a minimum of twelve entries in MathSciNet. If this is the case please state so in your message to [email protected].