Get Involved with a Section
Membership in most Sections is free and automatic for any current SIAM member living in the geographical area served by the Section. To get involved with a Section, simply find and attend a Section activity or event or contact the Section officers in your area. Contact information can be found on each Section's webpage. If there is not a Section currently serving your geographic area, consider starting one!
Why get involved?
- Join networks of professionals who share your research interests.
- Enhance your visibility in these key networks.
- It’s a great way to get more involved with SIAM.
- Section activities are planned by its members, so you can get in on the ground floor.
- Be a current paid member of SIAM or a current free student member.
- Live in the geographical area served by the Section.
- Free for any member of SIAM.
- Some Sections may collect dues in order to fund activities or may charge a registration fee for events. See each Section's page for details.
- You will receive electronic communications from your Section to keep you up-to-date on current developments affecting your specialty.
- You are eligible for nomination as a candidate for Section office and may participate in the selection of your Section's officers.
- News and information specific to your area are at your fingertips through your Section's webpage.